Sunday, February 24, 2013

Adding tcllib to Raspberry Pi

Eventually I hope to change over to Javascript using nodejs, but until then I need to run my existing software, written in Tcl and for this I had to install tcllib1.14. Tcl/Tk was already installed in my drop of raspian. Tcllib is a library of very handy packages written in pure Tcl.

I downloaded the library from http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcllib/files/tcllib/1.14/

I moved it to the Pi using sftp (WinSCP)  from my Windows 7 computer. The Pi has an sftp daemon running by default.

I also moved the latest drop of my software to the Pi from Dropbox/Beaglebone-monitor/BeagleboneBackup.

I gunzipped and tar'ed it, and from the tarred directory did a ./configure and make install.

Make takes a while as it generates lots of man files. (In fact its still going as I write this.)

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment